Cricket West Indies 'flexible' to reschedule postponed England Test series
Cricket West Indies have said they are ‘flexible’ on rescheduling the tour of England which was postponed following the coronavirus pandemic.
The statement from CWI said they will not risk the players’ health to compete in a three-match Test series which was scheduled to start from June 4 at the Oval. The uncertainty around the resumption of cricket in the UK and international flight schedule has forced the officials to postpone it.
The England and Wales Cricket Board had earlier announced there will be no professional cricket in the country until July 1.
However, the ECB officials are confident they can reschedule the fixtures which includes tour of Pakistan and white ball cricket against Australia and Ireland.
"Clearly playing in June is now not possible and we will continue our discussions with the ECB and other international boards on trying to find new dates," said CWI chief executive Johnny Grave in a statement.
"Our respective medical teams are beginning to discuss how this (England) series could be played whilst guaranteeing the health and safety of our players and support team.
"We will be as flexible as we can without compromising the safety of our team," he added.
Meanwhile ECB chief executive Tom Harrison said on Friday the board had received a lot of offers to help complete the domestic season.
The statement from Harrison came after Surrey chairman Richard Thompson said Abu Dhabi had offered to host games.
"We've had offers as far away as Australia and New Zealand," said Harrison. "Those offers are on the table.
"I haven't had anything from Abu Dhabi, but that's not to say the offer hasn't been made."